Friday, February 12, 2010

Minneapolis settles cop brutality case (Star Tribune)

Minneapolis settles cop brutality case:

A man who was caught breaking into cars in a downtown Minneapolis parking ramp will be paid $75,000 by the city after videos showed a police office kicking him repeatedly and tasing him as he lay on the pavement. The City Council on Friday approved that settlement of the man's federal lawsuit, plus attorney fees that his lawyer, Frederick Goetz, estimates at about $50,000... According to Kastner's lawsuit, officer Sherry Appledorn "stomped on his back, kicked him at least a dozen times and shocked him at least twice with her Taser." Goetz said that Appledorn's partner, Joseph Will, also punched Kastner's head. The incident was captured by ramp cameras and cameras in the squad car and Taser...

1 comment:

  1. sherry appledorn beat the $hit out of me after I suffered a PANIC ATTACK outside of pizza luce in downtown mpls in 2005 - w/the help of HCMC EMTs - they hogtied me to a stretcher and tased me several times in my leg and in the fleshy area above my hipbone - after exhausting all efforts w/every "police misconduct attorney" in the metro area I simply gave up. I hadnt dont anything wrong. Nor was I under arrest for anything...the EMTs told me my vitals were normal and I was free to leave. As soon as I made an attempt to step out of the ambulance I was immediately electrocuted repeatedly - the report they filed 2 years later is laughable at best. Neither one of the officers have the same explanation as to why I deserved the beatdown I received and Sherry's "report" ended w/her stating that I was placed under an administrative "72 hour hold" - this is completely FALSE because as soon as I came out of my HCMC DRUG INDUCED COMA the nurse on duty RELEASED ME FROM MY RESTRAINTS AND LET ME WALK OUT OF HCMC as if I were a VISITOR ...OFFICER APPLEDORN DESERVES NOTHING MORE THAN TO BE RELIEVED OF HER DUTIES AS AN "AUTHORITY FIGURE" -- SHE ALMOST KILLED ME AND WAS NEVER REPRIMANDED - I CONTACTED EVERY DEPT ABOVE HER IN THE MPD. NOT ONE PERSON WOULD EVEN LISTEN TO ME. WAIT UNTIL SHE KILLS SOMEONE WHILE ON A POWER TRIP W/HER BRAND NEW TASER GUN <> THIS LADY MUST BE RELATED TO SOMEONE HIGHER UP ON THE LADDER - "TIS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW - TIS WHO YOU KNOW." THIS IS CERTAIN.

    ReplyDelete