Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Teen Tasered In Neck Talks For First Time (WCCO)

Teen Tasered In Neck Talks For First Time:
The video of him being tasered by a Minneapolis police officer has garnered an FBI investigation and national media attention. Eighteen-year-old Rolando Ruiz spoke publicly for the first time about the incident last April on Wednesday. Ruiz was arrested after he allegedly broke a window of an officer's personal car parked in the lot by the 2nd Precinct station in Minneapolis. In an interview, reporter Caroline Lowe asked Ruiz what he was doing in the moments just before Officer Todd Lappegaard tasered him. "You were never resisting?," Lowe asked. "Never. I didn't even move," Ruiz said, adding, "I didn't get a chance to say anything. He tased me in the back of my neck. I was falling. He kept it pinned against my back and pinned himself down against me with his knee on my back and hand against the car, almost like he was punishing me." ...

No comments:

Post a Comment